We are committed to protecting your personal information when you use our Site and we want you to be confident that your personal information is safe and secure with us.
For certain purposes set out in section 5 below, we may share your personal information with members of our Group, our partners, service providers and regulatory or governmental bodies.
Who are we?
Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd is the trading name of a Professional Search & Selection Ltd company
We all take your privacy very seriously.
How do we collect personal information?
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you when you give this to us during registering for and/or using our Services via any of the Site for example we may collect your name, address, email address or telephone number. During providing our Services to you, we may also store information about how you use our Site, for example, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our Site, changes you make to information you supply to us. We make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information. We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
Note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on the Site is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 16.
To ensure the Services we provide you continue to meet your needs we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the Site. Feedback you provide will only be used as part of our programme of continuous improvement and will not be published on the Site.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information:
- to enable you to access and use the Services;
- to personalise and improve aspects of our Services;
- for research, such as analysing market trends and customer demographics;
- to communicate with you, including some or all of the following:
- sending you information about Services which we think may be of interest to you – If you agree, we will contact you (depending on your contact preferences) via email, post, telephone, text, or by other electronic means such as via social and digital media this may include job alerts, newsletters and opportunities to participate in market research.
- to process a transaction between you and a third party;
- to match our data with data from other sources – we may validate and analyse your information and, in some cases, match it against information that has been collected by a third party to ensure that the information we hold about you is as accurate, consistent and well- organised as possible. As well as ensuring that any marketing material that we send you is appropriate to your needs, this process also ensures that our Services continue to be as personalised and focused as possible.
We will store the personal information you provide and may use it to pre-populate fields on the Site and to make it easier for you to use the Site when making return visits. If you do not want us to store and use your personal information in this way, you may amend your preferences at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may monitor your calls, emails, text, or other communications but we will do so in accordance with data protection legislation and other applicable law. Monitoring will always be for business purposes, such as for quality control and training, to prevent unauthorised use of our Site, to ensure effective systems operation, to meet any legal obligation, and/or to prevent or detect crime.
Why do we process your personal information?
We will only collect and use your personal information in accordance with data protection laws. Our grounds for processing your personal information are as follows:
- Consent – Where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have given your consent for us to do so, for example, we will only send you certain marketing emails and process any sensitive information about you if we have your consent.
- Legitimate Interests – We may use and process some of your personal information where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Under European privacy laws there is a concept of “legitimate interests” as a justification for processing your personal information. Our legitimate interests for processing your personal information are:
- to enable you to access and use our Services by processing any transaction between you and a third party. Using your information in this way is an essential part of us being able to provide the Services to you;
- to communicate with you about our Services. We need to keep you informed about your use of the Services. This won’t include marketing communications unless you have given us your consent to receive these; and
- to improve our Services. We may use your personal information to: personalise aspects of our service; for market research. We constantly aim to improve our Services to you and using your personal information in this way helps us to do this.
From May 2018, you will have a right to object to our use of your personal information for these legitimate interests including where we may use your personal information to create a profile to inform customer demographics. If you raise an objection we will stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case we will let you know why we are continuing to process your personal information. Please contact our Support Team at email@example.com if you wish to exercise this right.
Who do we share your personal information with?
When you use any of our Services, we may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- other members of the Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd.
- our channel operators: whilst most of the channels on our Site are run by us, some of our channels are designed and maintained for us by our service providers. We may receive your personal information from these service providers and use it in accordance with section 4 above. We will only use the personal information we receive from third parties where the relevant third party can show that it was collected and processed in accordance with the law;
Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you (including electronic identifiers such as IP addresses) and/or access your account:
- if required or permitted to do so by law;
- if required to do so by any court, or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency;
- if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
- in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business.
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
What cookies do we use?
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer or device. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on the Site;
- understand the number of visitors to the Site and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to the Site, so we can provide you with access to previously saved quotes.
How secure is our site and what steps do we take to keep you safe?
Your personal data’s security is very important to us. Therefore, where it’s appropriate, our Site use HTTPS to help keep information about you secure. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure
You may complete a registration process when you sign up to use parts of the Site. This may include the creation of a username, password and/or other identification information. Any such details should be kept confidential by you and should not be disclosed to or shared with anyone. Where you do disclose any of these details, you are solely responsible for all activities undertaken on the Site where they are used. To protect your account, we ask you to choose a strong password to access your information on our Site. A strong password should be lengthy and include a mixture of letters and numbers. Your password can only be reset with access to the email address registered in our system.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can’t guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. By using our Site, you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
It might sometimes be necessary for us to transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) to locations that may not provide the same level of protection as the UK. However, we will only transfer your personal information out of the EEA if we have put in place appropriate safeguards and protections as stated under UK law for example by the use of a data-transfer agreement incorporating certain standard model protection clauses.
How can you amend your preferences?
Any electronic marketing communications we send you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time. You may also amend your marketing preferences by emailing us at
Should you no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can advise us at any time by contacting our office on 01689 833735 or by sending an email
Your personal data rights and how to contact us
You have certain rights under existing data protection legislation including the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you if you request it from us in writing.
From May 2018 you will have the following rights:
(i) Right to access: the right to request copies of your personal information from us;
(ii) Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
(iii) Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems;
(iv) Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to ‘block’ us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it;
(v) Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information;
(vi) Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests or where we use your personal information to carry out profiling to inform our market research and customer demographics.
If you are not satisfied with the way any complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by us, then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How long do we keep your personal information?
REGISTRATION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU
Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd will use information supplied by YOU (including, without limitation, sensitive personal data) to aid the recruitment process and associated administrative functions. YOU consent to us using information provided by YOU in these ways. Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd will process any data which YOU provide in completing the online registration or application forms and any further forms, assessments or personal details which YOU complete or provide to us when using this SITE in accordance with UK data protection legislation.
APPLICATION CANDIDATE AGREEMENT
This relates to the process here
- I agree to hold confidential or proprietary information (“confidential information”) in trust and confidence and agree that it shall be used only for the contemplated purposes i.e. assisting me with finding employment and shall not be used for any other purpose or disclosed to any third party.
- No copies will be made or retained by me of any written confidential information supplied without the permission of Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd.
- Confidential information shall not be disclosed by me to any third party unless they agree to execute and be bound by the terms of this Agreement and have been approved by Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd
- I confirm that all information supplied by me to Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd on my Application Form and/or Career History Form and/or Curriculum Vitae, is accurate and complete.
- I agree to make Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd aware of any further information that has not been requested on the Application or Career History Form and that is later considered relevant to positions I may subsequently find are suitable for me.
- I understand that some of the contents of the Application form, Career History Form and Curriculum Vitae, will be used by Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd as the basis for approaching potential employers on my behalf and give them permission to do so.
- I agree to inform Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd of any offer of employment that may be forthcoming through their endeavours and also to inform them should I consider making a direct application to an alternative recruitment agency and/or an employer based in the property related or financial services sectors, after today’s date.
- I understand that the details contained on this application form will be held on a computer system and that I will be entitled to access to this information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- I also understand that the service provided to me by Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd is done so without charge to me, but solely on the basis that I will undertake to ensure that I comply with the terms of this agreement. I further understand that should they be successful in finding me employment, they will receive a fee from that employer.
- I understand that these are the terms and conditions for registering with Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd as a Candidate and that by completing the Application Form and/or Career History Form I agree that I will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions in full without modification or amendment. These terms and conditions will form a legally binding contract between me andGlobal Engineering Recruitment Ltd and I understand if I do not accept these terms and conditions in full without modification or amendment, I must not complete the Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd Application process.
- This Agreement and its validity, construction and effect shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and all disputes arising in connection with them shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions may be changed by Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd at any time. YOU will be deemed to accept the terms and conditions (as amended) when YOU next use the SITE following any amendment.
Global Engineering Recruitment Ltd may terminate your registration and/or deny YOU access to the SITE or any part of it (including any services, goods or information available on or through the SITE) at any time in our absolute discretion and without any explanation or notification.